Coaching vacancies – East Kilbride Pirates junior team
November 18th, 2019
We’re looking for positional and assistant coaches to join the staff of one of the UK’s top U19s American Football teams.
Interested candidates should:
- Hold a minimum BAFCA Level 1 coaching qualification or be prepared to work towards this at the earliest opportunity
- Have existing coaching experience or clearly show how their skills and experience from playing football or coaching another sport would be transferable
- Be a confident, approachable and enthusiastic person, able to support and get the best from young people of differing levels of ability
- Be committed and passionate about being part of the Pirates junior team coaching staff, attend regular practices (Sunday afternoons from January onwards, then Thursday evenings from April onwards, plus occasional film / coaching meetings), our annual residential training camp in March and travel to away games
- Be a good communicator and able to build positive relationships with young players, other coaches, club staff and club parents
- Have experience in using Hudl and Skype, or be willing to learn
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get to join a successful, well-supported and well-funded U19 team with strong numbers, fed by two youth teams – including the 2016 and 2018 U17 British Champions. At U19 level we’ve been Scottish champions for four consecutive years, U19 championship finalists in 2016, 2017 and 2019, and U19 plate champions in 2018.
We invest in our coaching staff by paying for coach education and subsidising attendance at coaching clinics and the annual BAFCA convention.
By joining our U19 staff, you’ll get to be part of one of the country’s oldest and most successful American Football clubs, made up of seven teams and over 280 players, coaches and staff. We’re always pushing to be better and create new opportunities for our members and we have a regular calendar of club social events.
If you’re interested email Head Coach Nicky Smith at email@example.com with an overview of your coaching experience and why you want to be part of the Pirates Junior team before Sunday 17 December.
Please note, this is an unpaid voluntary position and successful candidates will be subject to a PVG check via Disclosure Scotland.
Share this article