Defensive Line coaching vacancy
January 24th, 2017
We’re looking for a Defensive Line coach to join our staff and be part of one of the country’s leading premiership teams.
Interested candidates should:
- Hold a BAFCA Level 1 coaching qualification
- Have existing experience coaching defensive line or clearly show how their skills and experience from coaching another position would be transferable
- Be a confident and enthusiastic coach, able to support and get the best from differing levels of ability – from brand new players to GB veterans
- Be committed and passionate about being part of the Pirates coaching staff, attend regular practices (Sunday afternoons until end March, then Tue/Thur evenings from April onwards, plus occasional Sundays and film / coaching meetings), our annual residential training camp and travel to away games
- Be a good communicator and able to build positive relationships with players, other coaches and club staff
- Have experience in using Hudl and Skype, or be willing to learn
What’s in it for you?
You get to be part of one of the country’s top clubs, made up of five teams with nearly 200 players, coaches and staff. We have a thriving and successful under 19s programme, with two youth teams and a junior team feeding through young players that you’ll get to help develop into successful senior players and, we hope, GB athletes of the future.
We invest in our coaching staff by paying for coach education and subsidizing attendance at coaching clinics and the annual BAFCA convention.
As well as getting the opportunity to coach at the highest level in the UK, you’ll also get the chance to coach against NCAA competition and network with college coaches when Claremont McKenna College travel over from California to play us in a friendly in May – our third such opportunity in recent years.
Our club is also well managed, our finances are in good order and we don’t settle for second best. We’re always pushing to be better and create new opportunities for our members and we have a regular calendar of club social events.
If you’re interested email Head Coach Ross Templeton at email@example.com with an overview of your coaching experience and why you want to be part of the Pirates organisation before Friday 3 February.
Please note, this is an unpaid voluntary position.
Share this article